Kirby Grip

kirby grip

I like the word kirby grip

kirby grip

Pronunciation: /ˈkəːbi/
(also trademark Kirbigrip)
Definition of kirby grip



  • a type of hairgrip consisting of a thin folded and sprung metal strip or wire.


1920s: named after Kirby, Beard & Co. Ltd, of Birmingham, England, the original manufacturers


7 thoughts on “Kirby Grip

  1. Fun! I remember these as “bobby pins”, there was something unremembered that I used them for. I had a buzz cut, so I know it wasn’t my hair.

  2. Bobby pins went hand and hand with bobby socks in my recollection.
    I like “Kirby grips”, looking forward to using that some day in the shop:
    “Hey, hand me that kirby grip will ya?”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s